Friday, February 06, 2009

So much time has passed.....

Well, it certainly has been a long time since I have posted on my blog, and for that, I do apologize to everyone. This past year has been extremely busy and life just seemed to get in the way of all my computer time and keeping everyone up to date with what I have been up to. Life has changed in many different ways in the past year here for us. Thomas, my youngest has moved out into his own apartment and his older brother has moved back in for a while. After James finished attending Toronto Film School, he felt the need to come home in order to save more money, pay off his student loan and save towards the next step in his future. He has now applied to AFI (American Film Institute) and is awaiting to hear whether or not he has been accepted. He hopes to hear something by mid-April. If he is accepted, he will be leaving to live in Los Angeles, California by summer's end. In the meantime, he is working full time and still pursuing his short films. He is also now the Development Manager for Raindance Canada. In the past year, he has had 2 short films screened at the Cannes Film Festival in Nice, France, Big Bear Film Festival in Big Bear, California, has made 4 trips to L.A. for various reasons and meetings, and just most recently attended the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. He had a volunteer position there and made some contacts that seem hopeful to his future.

I have not been finding much time to get on the computer like I once did, and I certainly do hope to see some changes in this area now that a new year has started. It is my intentions to get back to "basics" and set some time aside for the computer, scrapping for my own albums, and for keeping in touch with all of my friends. I do hope to also share with you my newest creations here as I get them done. I have had enough down time with scrapping, that it is definitely time to get back in the creative mode. I have still been doing my classes, but for the most part, just wasn't too inspired to work on anything for my own albums. This is about to change!

1 comment:

Laura Church said...

Good to see you back my friend.
Laura