Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Organizing and purging


Spring has arrived and with Spring, comes cleaning! Spring cleaning is something that happens every year at my house (sometimes even twice), and my scrap room is no different. As I get into my room more often to create just for me, I have found that I need to purge and organize everything again. It truly seems that it is a never ending story, but that is what happens in a world where there are so many goodies to temp us and we fall weak in the knees over all of the new fun stuff that comes out. With CHA being held twice a year, it is so hard to keep up with things and that just means twice as much trouble when trying to store everything!

Although I have gotten a good start on things, it is a very long process. There is so much in my little room, that I don't want to leave any nook or cranny unturned. One of the biggest jobs for me is card stock and pattern paper. I decided that it was time to tackle the card stock first, so that I could find out what colours I was in need of and see what I already had at a glimpse.



My file box is the perfect place for card stock. It allows me to have everything divided into folders by colour families, and then indivdually by colour tones. It is amazing how much of certain colours we find we have, once we start to sort it all out! I can't even move the folders in the drawer, so I know that I had better get a good move on things and get some of those projects created that are in my head.

Next I will have to tackle the pattern paper, but in order to do that I need a good couple of days. Right now, there is too much creating to be done, and I don't want to take the time to sort more paper. This is an on going project for me, so stay tuned in the weeks to come to see what progress I have made! Hopefully along the way I will get some purging done as well, and find a little extra room. (if there is such a thing)

3 comments:

Yesterday's Tomorrow said...

thanks for your words Lisa.

that's a LOT of paper you have there...

Anonymous said...

I swear scrappin is the only craft that requires constant organization...have fun with your purging~!~

Laurie (Wally) said...

Ok.. so when are you going to help me... I need to also know where you got that paper organizer... I need that...