Sunday, April 25, 2010

Where does the time go?

Well, as some of you may have known, my oldest son turned 25 yesterday. I honestly can't believe that so much time has passed by and that my boy is, well, no longer a boy!! He has grown up to be a fine young man with lots of desire and drive and some days I wonder where all of his imagination and energy comes from. He always has some kind of project on the go and he always manages to keep smiling and having fun through it all. I miss my little boy, but I am certainly enjoying my time with him as an adult.

I didn't get as much scrappy time in as I would have liked to this weekend, but I am hoping that this week will be a good creative week. I have so many things that I need to do and it seems that since the nice weather hit, it is getting harder to find good creative time. We shall see how the week goes, but I am sure I will get some things accomplished.

I have been working on the Project 12 challenge from Scrapbook and Cards Today and last week I managed to get my March layout done. When I started out working on this project, I was uncertain as to what I would do. I then decided that doing this project would be a great way for me to get concert photos done and stay current this year with those events. I find concert photos harder to work on, and this project is helping me get my pages done, and I am so pleased with my pages so far. For the past 3 years, we have practically been going to a concert a month (sometimes more) and working with these sketches have really given me the inspiration that I have needed to go back and start scrapping past concerts as well. Once this year is over and my 2010 concert album is completed, I will definitely be using this format for past years as well.




I have also finished my April Project 12 layout, but will be sharing that tomorrow once I get a good photo of it! Stay tuned!

Now this coming week I will be feeling a bit overwhelmed as I prepare for my Guest Design Team spot at Scraptures. Although I am very excited about taking on this position, I am testing the waters a bit to see how well I can balance everything that I have going on. I am really looking forward to the arrival of my first package of goodies to play with, and can't wait to dig in and start the creative process.

I also have a class this coming Thursday at The Memory Keeper that I have to prepare for. This is a fairly large class, so I already know what I will be doing on Wednesday evening. I am also looking forward to what is coming up in the month of May for classes, and hope to see a good turn out of gals. The first part of this year really has been extremely busy in classes, but it has been great fun! I hope that things will stay busy now that the weather is getting nicer.
I have some ideas already for what is going to be coming along in June, so have to start putting those plans into motion and get my papers picked and start creating those pages as well.

So life is busy, there is lots of creating to be done, now lets see how much time I can find to get all that creativity out on papers.

1 comment:

Laurie (Wally) said...

Oh Lisa..Happy birthday to your son..I love seeing your project 12 layouts.. it is so much fun