Saturday, March 27, 2010

Colouring

It seems that there is a really big trend in colouring these days, and Copic Markers are the item of choice to use. Since I don't own any of the Copics, and am not in any way, what I would call a stamper, I have not taken the plunge in investing in these markers. I have seen them being used, and they are very tempting, but getting into those, would mean another major expense of supplies, that I just can't justify at this point and time.
I do like to dabble in colouring from time to time though, and I usually use versamark and chalks, or my chalk pencils, which I really like! Since chalks is one of the first colouring agents that I purchased for my scrapping hobby, I am quite familiar with them and use them quite a bit for different things. They are very versatile and last a really long time.

Over at Scraptures, Ellen posted a challenge about colouring. She wanted everyone to get out their colouring medium of choice (she suggested inks and blender pens), and colour. I wanted to meet this challenge, but without these items on hand, I went to the next best thing, MY CHALKS!
Here is the card that I made for her challenge:


I really love this little hedgehog stamp and simply can't wait to colour more of these and make some more cards. He is just so adorable and could be used on any kind of card, whether it be a Birthday greeting, a Thank you card, or just simply a Hello card.
Well the sun is shining, and it feels like a creating day, so off I go to see what inspires! Hope everyone is having a GREAT Saturday!

3 comments:

Dawnree said...

Adorbale Sass. I love that cute hedgehog. I like the softer look the chalk gives him.

Shirley said...

Too cute! I love it!

Laura said...

Adorable! You get a great effect with such simple supplies, but then you always do.